Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most common questions we've got asked so far. If you have another one, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thanks!
Is cannabis, marijuana, THC or CBD included in the Green Grass Kitchen box?
No, please see your pharmacist or budtender at your local legal medical or recreational facility to secure this ingredient. When we ship, we will email you some suggestions on the type of cannabis that will go well with that month's recipe!
What else do I need?
You will need basic kitchen supplies like an oven (or toaster oven), stove or microwave, bowls, and spoons. Any special tools will be included in the Box. You may find having our Infusion Kit handy.
We will send you a list of perishables when your box ships. Each month with vary on the recipe but you may need items such as butter, milk, eggs, bananas or strawberries.
And then just follow the included step-by-step photo instructions.
Why not just buy premade edibles?
A few of reasons...
1. Even if you live in a cannabis recreational or medical legal province / state, edibles may still be restricted. For example, in Canada edibles are expected to be legal 1-year after recreational cannabis is legal in October 2018.
2. Making your own, along with our edibles dosage calculation guide (included with the edibles journal), allows you to customize your dosage and personalize your experience. You can do this through the strains you use in the infusion (terpene levels and cannabinoid strengths) and potency you measure for your baked goodie.
3. Using flower (buds, trim, shake, etc.) infusions rather than simply injecting in processed distillates and concentrates is a more natural way of consuming your cannabis. Also one you can do yourself, instead of needing a lab, solvents or other petrochemicals.
4. The ooohs and ahhhs you'll get from making your own better homemade edibles! Fresh baked, from scratch with real wholesome ingredients. What's not to love?
Are you the Baked Baker's Box?
We were! In summer 2018 we switched our name and our focus. Same better experience and its now not just about baking and "getting baked"!
Our monthly recipes and kits will include a variety of homemade edibles from baked goodies and chilled pressed bars to warming drinks and cooked savorys. We will also continue our focus on education, wellness and empowering yourself through DIY skills.
When will I get my Green Grass Kitchen kit?
Sign-up by the 2nd of the month and receive the current month's kit. If you sign-up on the 3rd or later, you will receive next month's box. Subscriptions renew on the 20th of each month.
We ship mid-month.
Example 1: you place an order April 20 - ships by mid-May and renews May 20
Example 2: you place an order on May 04 - ships by mid-June and renews June 20
Where do you ship? How much is shipping?
Currently we ship within Canada and into the USA. Upon shipping, we will email you the tracking info.
Please note, our box is big & heavy (lots of goodies inside!) so the cost of shipping will be calculated on checkout based on your location. You can also select faster shipping if you'd like! We use Canada Post & USPS which calculates based on weight, speed and zones.
Contact us if you have somewhere else you'd like us to bring homemade edibles know-how and supplies to!
Can I subscribe to multiple months?
Yes! We also send you some extra gifts with different pre-paid lengths: 3 months for our Edibles Journal or 6 months for our Edibles Journal + Infusion Kit. We also offer month-to-month subscriptions. Click here for the store.
Can I send a gift?
Yes! Gifts don't auto-renew and you can gift 1, 3 or 6 months. Consider adding on an Edibles Journal, Infusion Kit or Gift Pack. The Gift Pack includes a card, confetti and candles for an extra fun surprise! Click here for gift options.
What payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept Bitcoin, Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
We will be sorry to see you go but it's easy to cancel... Simply cancel by the 19th to end your subscription. If you cancel after that, we will send that final next month as the subscriptions renew on the 20th. Either cancel through your subscription management page or email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 19th of the month with the Subject Line: Cancellation.
Please note, we can not cancel or issue refunds for boxes that have already shipped as they contain food.
Something is missing, broken or just not right with my order. What do I do?
oh no! We strive to make everything super good so please send us a message asap so we can help fix it. Email us at: email@example.com
I have specific food requirements. Does this month include....?
The Green Grass Kitchen's food is packaged in a food safe certified facility in Canada, however, that facility processes dairy, gluten, nuts, wheat, and other possible allergens. Our recipes also include a wide range of wholesome ingredients from chocolate and peanuts to flour and oats.
While many of our recipes are vegetarian, most are not vegan. There are vegan substitutes that work well though such as apple sauce or mashed banana instead of egg or coconut oil instead of butter.
Contact us to ask for substitution suggestions. (please note, no replacement ingredients will be provided, just some baking tips!)
What do I do with the packaging once I'm done baking?
All of the Green Grass Kitchen's box is either reusable, compostable or recyclable.
- The mailing box can be reused or recycled. As it fits standard letter size, look at ways around your home or office it could be used such as to organize, display or store your treasures.
- The large food bag - compost
- The medium food bag - compost
- The small food cup - recycled
- The decorating tubes / jars / containers - recycled
- The packing material (tissue paper) - reused or recycled
- The kitchen tools - for you to use again
- The food - eat! :)